**OUTDOOR LEAGUE UPDATE**
UPDATED JUNE 15, 2022
Topspin Volleyball Outdoor League
Topspin offers outdoor volleyball leagues (two sessions) starting in May going through to August.
WHEN: Tuesday nights; 6:30 pm - 8:35 pm (Or when it's dark)
• 2023 Spring Session Dates: TBD
• 2023 Summer Session Dates: TBD
WHERE: Beckwith Park
FORMAT: Co-ed 3s/4s. Sign up as a team of 3 or as a team of 4. Will one extra player make the difference? (1 female player must be on the court at all times during play)
2023 Spring/Summer Session:
Co-ed 3s: TBD
Co-ed 4s: TBD
If you have any questions or would like to register for an Outdoor League, please CONTACT US.
All teams/league participants must complete and submit the Registration Form
Play as a team of 3 or a team of 4
- Wearing studded shoes will not permitted when playing (ex: soccer shoes, rugby shoes, baseball shoes, golf shoes). Turf shoes with rubber outer sole will be permitted.
- No setting the serves, your hands must be touching together or overlapped.
- Players can set free-balls
- Players cannot set the ball over the net or to opponents.
- Jump serves allowed.
- Serve anywhere behind the baseline.
- No open hand tips, either ball goes off knuckle/fist or roll shot.
- Net serves are in play.
- Play ball with any part of body.
- First contact coming over to your side may hit you multiple times if one motion (eg. ball bouncing off your arms and then your body or face).
- Block doesn't count as first contact.
- May go under the net as long as you don't make contact with opponent or interfere with play.
- Please call your own net fouls. No touching any part of the net.
- If you step foot in an adjacent court before touching the ball, the play is dead/automatic side-out.
- Anyone can hit from anywhere, there's no rotation on court except you must follow same serving sequence.
- If there's a tie in score when whistle is blown, team that won the point can decide to serve or receive for next point.
- Decide before the game starts if you would like to switch sides every 10 pts or every game due to sun/wind.
- One person from the winning team to report scores to us, no scores reported = no points. 2 points full game 1 point partial game. Games that add up to 7 points will make a partial game. When there are substitute teams filling in, their games do not count. Overall winning team moves up and losing team moves down a division.
- Games to 21 (cap 21).
- Males are allowed to block females.
- Must have at least 1 female on the court at all times during play. This does not apply to Youth League.
- If your team can't make it to play, call Fuji ASAP and your team will keep current spot or you'll get dropped a pool for not showing.
- Players can play any position. Must keep same serving rotation.
- Smoking (including vaping and cannabis use) and/or consumption of alcohol in the park during league play is not permitted. Players found to be smoking or consuming alcohol at the park during league play will be asked to leave the field immediately.
- All players participating in any Topspin event are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike and respectful manner. Any abusive or inappropriate behavior or language towards any Topspin organizer or any other players will not be tolerated and will be dealt with accordingly.
AS A CONDITION OF PLAYING IN ANY TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ORGANIZED LEAGUE OR EVENT, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO AND ASSUMES ALL RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, INFECTION, OR PROPERTY LOSS/DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PLAYING THE SPORT OF VOLLEYBALL OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY SPORTING EVENT OR LEAGUE HELD BY TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION. EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE AND/OR LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH PERSONAL INJURY, INFECTION INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COVID-19, OR PROPERTY LOSS/DAMAGE AND RELEASES TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION AND ITS DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SPONSORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT HE/SHE/THEY MAY HAVE AGAINST TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION.